The Job Application

I once applied for a job at JPMorgan. July 2017 to be exact.

On paper, I am not good enough for them, which makes you wonder, what do they actually want from you?

Reading back now, I had recently just looked at my application.

I had written this:

'A recent article about Bitcoin interested me. The incredible rise to 5,000 dollars, to the as incredible demise to 3,000 dollars. The fascination that a cryptocurrency can be so volatile, contradicting its main purpose, of stableness and security. In theory, anyone can create a cryptocurrency, but that's what gives it such fascination. Commodities such as oil and gold, cannot just be created but yet, are valued less. Environmentally, we cannot sustain the production of oil however, the value is still hovering around its lowest for 100 years. In terms of its relationship to JP Morgan, one of the worlds largest investment banking firms. I believe the biggest investment currently is to invest in securities that have no real value. Do we really need cryptocurrencies? Or are they just the biggest farce since England winning the world cup.'

I didn't get the job for those who were wondering.

JPMorgan didn't invest in me, nor did they really invest in Bitcoin.

Who were the real winners?

None of us.

I didn't have the capital to invest in Bitcoin, and JPMorgan didn't make their usual supernormal profits.

This made me think, and go back to the question above. What do they actually want from you?

Bitterness aside, they want someone, who they can program their values to?

The enterpreneurs in this world are called crazy.

Imagine, the genuine laughter when Thomas said to his friends, ' I've come up with a revolutionary idea, a light bulb!'

Well if banter was anything like it is today, that would have been totally slated.

But he went with it.

The moral of the story is that.

Us crazy people, we make it faster than anyone else!

Comments